Central Social & Recreational Trust
1. Introduction and General Terms
CSRT is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience.
In order to provide you with the full range of CSRT services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information CSRT may collect about you;
- how CSRT will use information we collect about you;
- when CSRT may use your details to contact you;
- whether CSRT will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
CSRT websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will CSRT collect about me?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to, any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or e-mail CSRT, or create an account using any of our online registration systems we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable CSRT (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in a job application we may need to receive additional personal information). When we do this, we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will CSRT use the information they collect about me?
CSRT will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that CSRT may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of CSRT for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on CSRT websites.
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. CSRT may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where CSRT proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will CSRT contact me?
CSRT may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that CSRT can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to CSRT, e.g. on the CSRT Blog, message boards or via other social media channel;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about CSRT services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, however will always provide you with an opt-out option.
5. Will CSRT share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within CSRT.
However, sometimes CSRT uses third parties to process your information. CSRT requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and CSRT requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
6. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to CSRT. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. How long will CSRT keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with CSRT.
Where you contribute material to CSRT we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. Can I find out what personal information CSRT holds about me?
Under GDPR you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that CSRT holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £15 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
9. What if I am accessing CSRT websites outside the UK?
Data Protection Officer
20 Hatley Avenue,
Last updated 02/05/2018