About the Central Social and Recreational Trust
The Trust was established on the 15th June 1962. Its purpose, as defined in the Trust Deed, is;
“providing or assisting in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation in the interests of social welfare.”
Its objectives, as defined in the Trust Deed are:
- The CSRT aims to improve the conditions of boys and girls in England under the age of 21 and of all other persons by reasons of their poverty who would otherwise be unable to obtain facilities for recreational or other leisure time occupations.
- To provide facilities for recreational or other leisure in the interests of social welfare and in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing to provide equipment and maintain gymnasiums or buildings to be used for recreational or other leisure time occupations in London or other towns.
- To provide instruction or supervision for such boys and any other persons as aforesaid in such recreational or other leisure time occupations.
- To organise any activity for the purposes of providing facilities for such recreational or other leisure time occupation for such boys and other persons as aforesaid.
Since 1962 the Trust, which now of course includes ‘girls as well as ‘boys’, together with its ‘Trustees’, remain committed to financially supporting young people in accordance with the terms of the Trust.. The Trust makes Grants from the annual interest it generates from its investments.
The current Trustees are:
- Chairman – Bill Robinson
- Trustee – Keith Walters OBE
- Trustee – Luigi Leo
- Trustee – Darren Chapple
- Secretary to the Trust – Beverley Gold
For further details on how to apply vist the ‘How to apply’ page
About the CSRT
Emotional wellbeing initiatives
The last few months have been challenging, particularly for children and young people. If you have ideas or activities to boost the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people and do not have the resources, or require financial help to ensure your premises are COVID secure, the Trustees invite you to submit an application for funding for their consideration.